Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's me :-)

This is our last day :-( Everyone is bummed (actually, Thomas is in denile about us leaving. I think we could abandon him here and he would be fine with that. He considers these boys brothers rather than cousins.) Now that I am side tracked and talking about Thomas I have to tell you that he was so cute to watch when he saw NeeNee at the airport. He couldn't make eye contact because he knew he would start to cry if he did. In the past he just held on to her tightly and let out a few tears. I guess manhood is starting to creep up on him ;-)

She had a stuffed animal in her pocket for both kids which Charlotte has hung onto the ENTIRE trip. Pink Kitty is her name and she is our new best toy. (The new polly pocket set comes in second.) She is the perfect size for Charlie's little hand. It was a hard adjustment at first here for her. It is louder and the two power puffs are quick and like to bark ;-) But NeeNee took time with her and showed her how to pet and 'be' with them and that helped. But I have to say that the most help with adjusting here was Cousin John. She took to him immediately. (Nana and I were talking about this and it seems even as a little baby she did. So, the connection continues!) He plays with her so sweetly and takes time with her. Love it!

1 comment:

Nana Sue said...

Okay, my loves - you just gotta know how much I loved reading about your adventure - shed a tear myself with Kara's description of T and Nene -

I'm so sorry the flight was delayed - particularly by that much! "Oh my" is right! I've been so lucky when I flew - flights have pretty much been on time, or early.

It sounds like such a good time! I know everyone will be sad to depart, but - we all get to circle up on 2 weeks, county them, "T" - two weeks from tomorrow and your buddies will land here in Dallas!

Thanks again for the wonderful update - between that and the pictures, I've had mental visions of you guys all week!

Hugs to all!

Nana