
This morning was parent visitation at John's school today. I was there for about 2 hours watching his science and math class. I can say that I am really glad that I am not in 5th grade anymore! He is in a really large class, but the teacher seems to handle it well and they have a student teacher. And for anyone still counting, the boy still has a clean punch card for the month of October!
I am very busy this week with my PTA duties. We are in the final week of our big fundraiser and also collecting money for Harvest Day which is on Friday. I'll be glad when this week is over. Maybe a margarita afterwards?
Kyle's birthday is creeping up on me and I still don't have anything planned. I did take him to the store tonight and picked out some treats to give to his classmates on Friday. John and I will go shopping tomorrow while he is at hapkido. I'll nail something down tonight or tomorrow when I see Scott. The cub scout campout is the night of his birthday, which is good and bad. If we don't go (we are expecting a high of 50 and rain), all his friends will be there. Hummmmm.
If you aren't aware of baseball, let me clue you in on what is going on in this town. They have gone NUTS for the Indians. Parents are letting their kids stay up way way too late!!! Even kids Kyle's age are staying up past midnight on school nights to watch baseball. I'm thankful that my boys don't care, but it is crazy here!
Off to bed!
1 comment:
Well poo - I just typed a really long comment then promptly lost the whole thing! Anyway - I really enjoyed reading about the 5th Grade boy - I'm so proud of October! (I printed this blog off for Tim to ready - he's been very interested in the 5th grade boy and his adventures - Cory is REALLY struggling academically in 5th this year.)
Could it have already been one year since you were doing your first Harvest Day activity? Oh my. Good luck, my dear with #2.
Ya gotta tell Scott that I came in from my Public Art Committee meeting Tuesday night and wolfed down every morsel of the fried rice. And yes - every grain of rice was still in that container!
Hugs to all! Nana
Post a Comment