Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Getting ready for everything!

Big surprise....another cold day in Westlake. Snow flurries most of the day, but no accumulation. I'm feeling the need to get my fall cleanup over with. Scott and I together spent a few hours out front this weekend cleaning up leaves. We tried 2 different techniques. First was the "vaccum" feature on the blower....heavy and slow. Then we moved to the actual blower feature onto a tarp....wow! That tarp took off for the hills, so Scott told me to hold it down while millions of wet cold leaves whizzed by my head! But actually, it worked. Muddy, cold and tired we went in after about 2 hours of fun! Today, when the wind died down, I decided to tackle the leaves on my own while every one was gone. Much more sucess!!! I finished some of the backyard! I still need to cut back the roses, the big grass bushes and the perinnials before the snow is here to stay. Pressure!!!!

Oh and in case I hadn't forgotten, Christmas is coming. I tied 7 perfect bows for the staircase, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it, ironed clothes and folded 2 loads, cleaned up poop in the study and helped with homework. Tonight Kyle had art class and basketball practice. I just payed the bills and decided to write you fine folks! HOPE you enjoy!

And one more thing....we had yummy Taco Bell for dinner (to make my big boy happy) which has already sent me to the bathroom for an emergency visit. Should be a fun evening!

Love you all!

2 comments:

Nana Sue said...

Now...THAT is a funny picture you paint! Somehow in the lovely New England photos of fall leaves and wonderful color - I've never seen that image!

Thank you again for being willing to share your day - those danged bows are lovely, I'm sure!

Missing you and yours - take care, my dear and stay warm!

Love to all, Mom

Kara said...

LOL!!! You are as good as Nana in writing. I can see it now!! LOL - MISS YOU!!