Sunday, January 20, 2008

2nd day of skiing

So sorry it has been so long since I have posted. It would take forever to recap the past 2 weeks, so I will just start with yesterday and today!

We arrived in Findley Lake, NY Friday night. It took us about 3 hours to get here...not bad. When we stoppped to check in at the lodge, we stayed and enjoyed a seafood buffet. Yum. Yesterday we put both of the boys in private lessons in the morning. They both got great one on one instructions. Scott headed off for his black diamond skiing, while I hung back and watched the boys from a distance. I was very impressed with how much they picked up. We all had lunch together, then checked the boys into ski school for 2 hours. Since all of my skiing is in the beginner areas anyway, I saw them often!

John is already ranked as a level 5 skier! He skis much faster than I do. We bought him a helmet yesterday! Kyle learned to stop and turn and doesn't ever pick up any speed if he can help it. It was his first day after all. We all had pizza at a restaurant at the bottom of a black diamond run with jumps. Quite entertaining!

Slow start today. Scott headed out to get coffee this morning and the car got stuck in the parking lot. The rear brakes froze up overnight. We have had 16 inches of snow since we have arrived! Finally got things going and moved along fine. Headed out to brunch, then an afternoon of skiing. Boys want to hit the indoor pool tonight and we have plans to tour a potato chip factory tomorrow on our way home!

Wish you were here!

1 comment:

Nana Sue said...

Oh - I so loved your review of the first couple of days! Sounds like everyone is having a great time - anyone got any "battle scars" (colorful bruises)to show for their efforts?

Skiing, swimming, muching, movies - how much fun does that sound to us?

Just to compensate a bit for our very boring weekend...I have to tell you we went to Pei Wei for lunch - and thought of you folks the whole time!

(Had a lettuce wrap just for you, Scott!)

Dad is headed to Plainview tomorrow, he had a 92 year old uncle (Walter Frye) pass away on Friday and wanted to attend his funeral, plus visit with Luther and Shirley.

Take good care driving home, and eat a potato chip for Nana!

To the moon, guys!